Monday 3 August 2020

Strange Times

Life is difficult for everyone at the moment.  As I type,  I am looking out at a beautiful view.  The sun is shining, skies are blue even though clouds are rolling in over the mountains.  I am so glad I have this view to gaze upon.  We have just begun Stage 4 lockdown to fight this dreadful Corona virus!  I give thanks every day for the fact that I am a beader.  I have a huge stash of beads, crystals and findings.  This has meant I’ve been able to keep myself occupied since March when we first went into isolation.  I have attended Zoom classes, chosen challenging projects from my books and magazines and joined in with fellow beaders doing projects together via Messenger.  It has also been the perfect time to complete the many unfinished objects I have, some started over 5 years ago.

I’ve also been cooking up a storm.  Not my own recipes but they are delicious and healthy.  I have to credit them all to Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison and the inspiration given by Dr Michael Mosley.  Just for fun I will post some of them here.  If you decide you want to make something, let me know in the comments and I can give you the recipe.

I recently attended a Zoom beading class taught by an amazing Australian artist Paula Gething from On A string.  The necklace is Treble Brilliance and it is stunning.  Here is my finished item.

No comments:

Post a Comment