Sunday 18 March 2012

Best First Time Entrant.....

 I have to blow my trumpet just a little here.  I was recently voted best "First Time Entrant" in the Connect   triangle bead challenge.  It was a challenge organised through the Bead Society of Victoria via their in house magazine Connect.   Whilst I have won a small challenge before, voted by my beading forum peers, this one was judged outside of the forum.   I was so pleased to have been recognised.  The necklace had originally been designed for cubes and fire polish czech crystal however once I saw details of the competition I decided to do it with triangles instead.  I incorporated St Petersberg, brick stitch and a spiral rope.  Materials used were : seed beads sizes 11 and 6, triangles Size 11 and a mixture of Swarovski   3mm, 4 mm and 6 mm crystals.  The findings are antique gold.  My brain finds it so hard to create something that is not symmetrical so it was a true challenge for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment